The Logistics Support Service was originally established in the year 1958 named as The Philippine Constabulary Central Supply Point to support all Constabulary Units in its law enforcement and internal security operations. Later in 1963, pursuant to G.O. Nr. 155 it was changed to Philippine Constabulary Support Group (PCSG). Years later, it was again renamed as Philippine Constabulary Logistics Unit (PCLU).
On May 4, 1978, the Philippine Constabulary Support Command (COSCOM) was established by virtue of G.O. Nr. 3339.
G.O. 3146 dated July 7,1978 renamed the COSCOM as Philippine Constabulary/Integrated National Police (PC/INP) Support Command which was later deactivated upon the passing of the RA 6975 in 1991 otherwise known as PNP Law. This law gave rise to the PNP Logistics Support Command.
On July 31, 1996, NAPOLCOM Resolution No. 96-058 renamed the Logistics Support Command (LSC) into its current name the Logistics Support Service.